Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sarah Harmer in Liverpool

I managed to combine business and pleasure last week, and was in Liverpool with tickets to Sarah Harmer at the Astor Theatre. This is an approximately 400 seat old wooden building attached to the municipal office building/town hall. This is her "I'm a Mountain" tour.

Let's just say that I went down there as a moderate fan, now I'm in deep. Her voice was so pure, the musicianship so great (including her own guitar playing I might add), that the overall experience one of those that will stay with me for a while.

And she's Canadian!!!

Late evening highlight at Lane's Inn Barss Pub (highly recommended) included one of the band members, Spencer Evans (who also guests on Jill Barber's new album) dropping in and playing the beat up old piano in there, honky tonk style, for scotch.

Buy her music, sing along with it, go see her.

No comments: