Sunday, March 11, 2007

In this Corner....

Lunch at the Celtic Corner, on Alderney Drive in Darkmouth. Fish is good, reasonably freah, and the batter of the beer type. I am finding it hard to find bad fish and chips in town, which is a good thing. Still nothing to touch Phil's, for my tastes, though I appreciate Freddie's in the BLIP monstrosity and Wharf Wraps in Eastern Passage's disney-esque landscape for what they are - very good, just different.

The standard beer batter style found all around town is at many taverns, including the Midtown. Perhaps Fries and Co. does it best, though I have some sentimental attachment to Willman's (Kane and Isleville).

The Boxty was enjoyed by an eating companion on this day, and it looked great. I can recommend the Celtic Corner's food, this was my third good meal there,and they offer a very good beer selection as well.

No comments: