Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Lebanese Invasion

Spring Garden Road is about to be home to the second Khababji, opening in the City Centre Atlantic Building up in behind Pete's Frootique, and next to Premier Wine and Spirits (who suddenly have Lebanese wine on their shelves!). The first Khababji is in Burnside, on Thomas Raddall Drive on the way to the Ramada Burnside (back to back with Pets Unlimited).

They join the second outlet of Tarek's Cafe (also on Robie and Russell in the mini mall) in bringing very tasty Lebanese themed food to SGR.

I am currently full from Tarek's first place, again having chosen the Beef Taco Pita with extra hot sauce. Last night was Thai Chabba, the night before the Hungry Chili.... The night before that was dinner with my parents, so that was tame, but the night before that was Green Curry Chicken at Tom's. I guess I am compensating for winter with the heat in my mouth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Steven Bowers here. You were at a show of mine last year and wrote about me in your blog. It's unfortunate that you didn't dig the show, but you're entitled to your opinion.
Check out some of my new songs on www.myspace.com/stevenbowers, and
I'll be out here trying my best to avoid the road to anonymity.

Brewnoser said...

I thought I was being pretty nice to Mr. Bowers. He should see me when I am not nice. Then, perhaps, he would wish I was never at a show.

"Bees in Jars" is a great soft folk/pop song about being kids, and having nothing in the world to worry about. Yet.

A great, timeless theme.

I even threw him a song title, and maybe he caught it. But, then again, "the road to anonymity" is probably a tough rhyming scheme... So he threw it back at me. Good on him.

If you see his name in a sign in town, go see him. He reminds me of Richard Shindell, and for me, that's a big compliment.