Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back in the Saddle

OK, my apologies to anyone who was actually checking in to read my musings. The reason I started this was not to rant and rave, but to keep up my writing chops and maybe exorcise the odd demon along the way.

So, what have I been up to? Well I got too busy. I work for myself, and like any other round heeled slut, (wait, I'm not a round heeled slut...) I just could not say no.

So here I am, working on the design of 21 seniors homes. And I keep reminding those people also working on them that we are not designing them for the people in them now - we are designing them for OURSELVES!

I have done a bit of partying, seen some great bands, and even taken a cruise around the Caribbean with Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, John Hiatt, Shawn Colvin and Patty Griffin.

And I have been to one opera, almost live, direct from the Metropolitan Opera House, or as we opera-ites say "The Met" (can you tell I am quite the insider already?)

I have consumed a LOT of good booze since I last posted. Why? Because it is there, Thanks God, or Bacchus, or Saint Arnould.

The best meal since I last posted was probably at Saege, the new menu.... Yeah, that gnocchi is calling me.

I'm back. With vigour and rigour. (no mortis)

No comments: