Monday, April 02, 2007

The Vegans are coming!!!

Is this a scene from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? No, wait, that's Vogons.

A visit to Montreal's Au Vivre! restaurant, on St. Laurent above Mont Royal.

We were all hungry, and I figured what we didn't eat could come with us.

We started with corn bread with vegan butter, moist, aromatic, with some sweet red pepper bits in it. I am still not exactly sure about whatever that stuff was they called vegan butter.

Lunch came with a green salad with really good dressing, creamy dill (no dairy though...) and other tastes.

Then it was pizza with vegan cheese, red pepper and sun dried tomato sauce. This had a fantastic crust. This place is a great bakery.

I had the Chana sandwich - chickpea and potato curry in homemade Indian flatbread wrap. Delicious, filling, and providing me with plenty of aerosol assisted walking speed for the rest of the day. I also had a pina colada smoothie with my Chana - a tasty combination.

For dessert I had Cafe latte with a great, homemade style chocolate brownie.

L had a veggie burger and salad, and a coffee frappe smoothie for dessert, Clank a "BLT" made with coconut bacon, and a banana chocolate soy silk pie.

A great meal, and no animals were harmed, or even asked to give up their fluids, in the making of it.

No comments: