Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rouge All Over

Not one to limit punishment to myself, I managed to combine my trip back from Freddy (the wine judging) with a stop in Moncton for some work, but then to attend a wine tasting at Rouge Restobar in Moncton.

The bar there is more impressive than that at Onyx.

The talented and beautiful Tammy was our hostess, and Moncton man about wine Bill Vance led a tasting of wines from the portfolio of a reputable agency.

Five wines, blind. I am not sure how, especially after tasting I don't know how many wines the day before, but I managed to identify all of the five in terms of what they were, and where they were from (i.e. Napa Merlot).

Then it was supposed to be over. Rouge was closed on Mondays after all, only open for the special occasion. But it went on. The bar shut down, we stayed. It is all a mess after that.

No comments: