Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Being tracked by Aliens.... the exit interview

I am becoming very sure that my GPS track for two days will be used as an inspirational aid to all those depressed people, dependent on cars, who are forced to live in automobile confinement in the burbs.

During my days of being tracked by the SMU aliens, I was in and out of so many pubs, restaurants, fun shops, and walked all over town. If they use me as a model citizen, no one will need a car, and there will be lots of parking for me downtown, so I won't have to walk!

The exit interview was hilarious. I was supposed to have written down every move I made, but I had not really anticipated that they wanted almost as much detail as noting bowel movements.

Here is a sample of my interview.

Alien: Uh huh, so where did you go next....?
Me: Um, I went to the Wired Monk with my friends.
Alien: You went up Argyle Street?
Me: Yes, then down Blowers, over to Salter and we walked down Hollis to the coffee shop.
Alien: And you didn't stop along the way? On Argyle...?
Me: Oh, yeah... how did you know that? Yeah, that's right, Costa and Stephanie were sitting outside Mosaic, and Gina and I stopped and talked with him for a bit.
Alien: And you went inside?
Me: No, wait, oh, yeah, we took a quick little look see through the place so they could check out the decor.
Alien: And then you walked to the Wired Monk?
Me: I dunno, did I?

You get the picture. I don't know why they asked me - they knew already. I think they may have actually been doing a survey on how well people keep records of their movements when asked.

Just don't be surprised when the new HRM transit policy incorporates pub visits into every commuter's daily regime!

No comments: