Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lazing on a sunny afternoon while being tracked by aliens

A morning of very BORING work had me looking forward very much to meeting up with the Riesling Princess and her mate for lunch. Gina H was coming to town to meet her guy at the airport, and instead of rushing home to bed, they were going to lunch with me (bad choice if you ask me, but I wasn't arguing).

We ate at the monkey, the Wooden Monkey that is, after a brief rain shower, the skies were bright and the heat was starting in. My pizza was really good, and they tried a few things, including my fave, and always recommended Seitan Sandwich. I had a Propeller IPA (on tap here!) and we split a bottle of Gaspereau Vineyards Muscat. I think lunch may have taken two hours, but if I need to know, I guess I can call SMU and ask. You see I was wearing a GPS tracking device for two days.

I was a part of this Halifax Peninsula transit study or something, where they were looking at travel patterns of people living on the Peninsula. So, just in case you were one of those people, no I was not weaving that widely down Argyle Street, I was going in to all the bars.

I am sure they are still trying to process my data.

Anyway, we headed down the the Wired Monk after the lazing in the sun lunch, and I got a double espresso wake up call. They ran off to drive home. For me, it was up to Pete's Frootique to shop for supper. Yes, sometimes I cook.

No comments: