Monday, August 04, 2008

Wine of the Month - August, Jacob's Creek NV Chardonnay-Pinot Noir Brut Sparkling

This wine is hard to believe - it is so good for the money. The first time I had it, I was drinking a sparking wine and someone came up to me with a bottle of it and offered me some. I said, no, I'd stick with the stuff in my glass. Only to be told that that was what was IN my glass. Ooops. One geek stumped!

This is not really for the wine geek super snob, but you may make a fool of some of them if you serve it blind. And anyone who won't drink a cold glass of this on a hot day has issues.

$15.96 gets you some bready yeasty character, and some "real near-champagne-like" taste.

This is the one to have in the fridge for some zip to start a party, add to drinks for champagne martinis, add to fresh fruit, make Mimosas from, or to try to play stump the geek.

This year's version (it is a non-vintage (NV) offering, I believe) is very nice, but remember, next year may be a different thing.

So have your fun now.

No comments: