Wednesday, April 09, 2008

jane's great next door adventure

I just finished eating my first dinner carried home and cooked by me, from jane's next door. Jane Wright (jane's on the common) has taken advantage of the storefront in the space she rents next door to the restaurant. This is a place for people who don't feel like really cooking, but are not into eating out either.

My tortiere is currently digesting happily in my tummy.

The sandwiches looked awesome, real roast beef, and the Propeller Sodas are a great local accompaniment.

There are jane's famous soups to heat up at home, chicken pot pie, a curry, and yes, you can by an entire hazelnut torte...

And for a lot of us, it is right on the way home!

UPDATE, June 1: I am now an addict. Just had the Cassoulet for the second time, and it is great. The lamb shepherd's pie rocks, and the soups are to die for.

1 comment:

Brewnoser said...

janes next door just got a mention in a MacLeans Magazine article.

Like I said - it rocks. More cassoulet please!